Gremlin Ninja Cops?

Picture if you will a Minnesota household of 4 people, 1 dog, 1 cat, 2 birds, and I think 18 fish, 2 snails. Of the four people there is me, my girlfriend and 2 of my friends who are renting rooms from me. One of those 2 friends I run a computer repair business with. At any given time there could be 5 vehicles at my house. Each of us with our own car and a business vehicle. Needless to say, from time to time we have to rearrange the cars or move cars out of the way. Sometimes that requires us to park a car or two in the street. That set's up the situation.

Our important and well intentioned law system requires that, in the winter, you can not have any cars in the street over night. Just in case it snows over night and the plows come through. Which is understandable and I agree with. But I am convinced that there is a gremlin that is specifically giving me parking tickets when I forget to pull my car back in at night.


Here is my reasoning.


I usually know when snow is coming because I am always checking the weather. It is part of my procrastination cycle.



When snow is coming I know I need my car off the road for two reasons...

1. I do not want my car to go missing until spring.


2. I have convinced myself that if I park my car in my driveway, it will protect the driveway from getting snow on it...

Well that is until I realize that I am going to have to clean off the snow from my car on to my driveway anyway. But I never really think about that fact until I have to go out there.


To make my point clear. When I do forget to park my car in the driveway, it is on a night when there will be no snow. In turn there will be no snow on the ground for the plows to plow... So I am not in the way of anything.

I will admit that I am guilty of breaking the posted law, and will pay the fine accordingly.

Even though I did not cause any harm or inconvenience to anyone. The neighbor, neighborhood, city, county, state, country, or world for that matter is unaffected by my car being parked outside of my house.

It is hard for me to believe that the good officers at the local police department would just drive around on a clear night slapping parking tickets on harmless cars in a residential neighborhood like they had nothing better to do.

In addition to that, I am an extremely light sleeper. My cat has woken me up just by entering the room.

I have never noticed a police car outside of my house. It is like they come and go silently.

I am convinced that it cant be the police, it has to be a gremlin that thinks he is a cop. And he is specifically harassing me.

But if it is the police... maybe I can understand. By slapping me with a ticket, on a clear snow-less night, they are telling me to make sure that I park my car in my driveway in the future so there isn't a problem. They don't know me and the fact that I wouldn't leave my car out on a snowy night... so I will forgive them for now.

If it is a gremlin, I need to see if I can get him to put tickets on my laundry I leave on the floor. Maybe then I will actually put them in the hamper and have a clean room.


7 comments:

  1. FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

    ReplyDelete
  2. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

    ReplyDelete
  3. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the first comment on this post and the entire blog. Normally I would delete such a loud off subject comment, but I like it. If only it had a built in echo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may want to consider rearranging your Loop to put your checking your e-mail above the fist Facebook. As this would maximize the time between Facebooks. It will keep you from checking Facebook to often. They only way this would not be a factor is if the "time to work" took more time than the other tasks... and let's face it that is just plain silly. Also I have placed the time to work at the end of my loop instead of the beginning this allows me so pre-work relaxation once I am "on the clock".

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Travis Thanks

    @BuddhJeff lol, very silly indeed. I will have to take that into consideration, though there is a lot of variables when it comes to Facebook. The amount time between needed visits can change from person to person.

    ReplyDelete